Leadership Style: What Do People Do When They Are Leading?
Choose one (1) of the following CEOs for this assignment: Larry Page (Google), Tony Hsieh (Zappos), Gary Kelly (Southwest Airlines), Meg Whitman (Hewlett Packard), Ursula Burns (Xerox), Terri Kelly (W
Gore), Ellen Kullman (DuPont), or Bob McDonald (Procter & Gamble)
Use the Internet to investigate the leadership style and effectiveness of the selected CEO
Write a four (4) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief (one  paragraph) background of the CEO.
- Analyze the CEOs leadership style and philosophy, and how the CEOs leadership style aligns with the culture.
- Examine the CEOs personal and organizational values.
- Evaluate how the values of the CEO are likely to influence ethical behavior within the organization.
- Determine the CEOs three (3) greatest strengths and three (3) greatest weaknesses.
- Select the quality that you believe contributes most to this leaders success. Support your reasoning.
- Assess how communication and collaboration, and power and politics influence group (i.e., the organizations) dynamics.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the formation and dynamics of group behavior and work teams, including the application of power in groups.
- Outline various individual and group decision-making processes and key factors affecting these processes.
- Examine the primary conflict levels within organization and the process for negotiating resolutions.
- Examine how power and influence empower and affect office politics, political interpretations, and political behavior.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in organizational behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.