The Johari Window emphasizes that we may not be aware of everything that there is to know about ourselves
Others may know things about us that we just cannot see or are unwilling to admit
One way to improve our personal relationships is to increase what we know about ourselves and what others know about us
The following two (2) behaviors are key to improving personal and professional relationships:
- Openness to Feedback we have to recognize that others see things in us that we may not be aware of and accept information they provide.
- Willingness to Disclose we have to trust others enough to share personal information with them.
Grasping the realities of organizational behavior begins with an understanding ones own personality and behavioral tendencies. Assignment 1 is designed to address issues of personal understanding, planning, and professional development. By analyzing your own assessment, you will understand how intuitiveness, culture, diversity, and leadership style influence decision making. Reference the scores of the assessments that you completed for homework in Week 1 as you complete this assignment.
Write a two (2) page paper in which you:
- Develop a profile of your personality characteristics and assessment results.
- Summarize the results of the assessments you completed for homework in Week 1.
- Analyze how attributes / scores speak to your relationships and career choice.
- Submit the completed Self-Assessment Score Sheet as an appendix in Assignment 1.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the relationship between the basic organizational behavior models of individual, group, and organizational processes and the productivity of an organization.
- Determine how workplace stress contributes to individual performance.
- Explore how individual differences, personality traits, and perspectives impact the productivity of an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in organizational behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.