The RN to BSN program at this University meets the requirements for clinical competencies as defined by CCNE and AACN using non-traditional experiences for practicing nurses. These experiences come in the form of direct and indirect care experiences in which licensed nursing students engage in learning within the context of their hospital organization, their specific care discipline and their local communities.
In this assignment, you will select a program, quality improvement initiative, or other project from your place of employment. Assume you are presenting this program to the board for approval of funding. Write an executive summary (850-1,000 words) to present to the board, from which they will make their decision to fund your program or project. The summary should include:
1. The purpose of the program or project.
2. The target population or audience.
3. The benefits of the program or project
4. The cost or budget justification.
5. The basis upon which the program or project will be evaluated.
Share your written proposal with your manager, supervisor or other colleague in a formal leadership position within a health care organization. Request their feedback using the following questions as prompts:
1. Do you believe the proposal would be approved if formally proposed?
2. What are some strengths and weaknesses of the proposal?